This delicious layered Indian flat bread can be a yummy variation to regular bread. [Watch the recipe video]
Ingredients for layered paratha
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt (a pinch)
- 4 teaspoons clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or clarified butter for frying
Mix salt in flour, add water and knead to make a dough. Cover and let the dough settle for 5 minutes.
1. From the large dough, make smaller doughs, the size of a ping pong ball.
2. Roll the dough.
3. Spread 1/2 teaspoon clarified butter over the rolled out dough.
4. Roll the dough to make a pipe like shape.
5. Roll it again as shown in pic 5.
6. Flatten it using your palm.
Roll it out using the rolling pin.
Heat a shallow pan on medium heat. Place the uncooked bread on it. Flip it in 7-8 seconds. You will see a thin brown crust appear.
Spread 1 teaspoon clarified butter on the bread. Flip it over in 7-8 seconds. You may now need to turn the heat to low.
Spread clarified butter on this side as well. Flip again to let the bread fry.
Remove from heat! You will have layers of yummy fried bread!
Have it with pickle and yogurt.