Healthy fenugreek flat bread accompanied by Indian cheese curry. Delicious Indian meal for the winter!
Ingredients for flat bread dough
- 1/4 cup fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or clarified butter
- 2 pinches salt
Ingredients for curry
- 1 lb farmer cheese (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 3 tomatoes (pureed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
For flat bread:
Mix fenugreek, flour and salt. Add water little by little to make a dough. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
Make smaller doughs, the size of a lemon, from the big dough.
Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough. Use dry flour whenever it gets sticky.
Heat a shallow pan. On medium heat, place the flattened dough on the pan. In about 15 seconds when it has developed a very thin crust, flip.
Spread unsalted butter or clarified butter on its surface. Flip again to fry.
Spread the butter again on this side and flip to fry.
The flatbread is ready!
For cheese curry:
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil In a deep pan or wok. On low heat, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and chilli powder. Let it fry for 7-10 seconds.
Add tomato puree. Cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked.
Add 1/4 cup water, and cheese pieces. Cook for 7-10 minutes, allowing the gravy to thicken.
Serve hot with fenugreek flat breads!