This cheese curry is a delicacy that is well-loved by everybody. Try and see how you like it!
- 1 lb./500 gm. farmer cheese / paneer
- 2 bell pepper / capsicum (chopped, usually long thick strands)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper
Cut the cheese into large square cubes.
In a large deep pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
Put coriander powder, turmeric powder, and ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for 10-15 seconds on medium heat.
Add the vegetables (onion, tomato and bell pepper), salt and pepper, and chili. Add 2 tablespoons water to cook the vegetables.
When the vegetables are done, mash them a little and add cheese cubes. Add a little (less than ¼ cup) water to make a thick gravy. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Mix in garam masala to make it spicy hot.
Garnish with cilantro.