Ingredients for chaat masala:
- 4 tablespoons dried mango powder/amchur
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds/jeera
- 3 tablespoons black salt powder/kala namak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder/adrak powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried powdered mint/pudina powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fennel seeds/saunf
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds/dhania sabut
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper/kali mirch
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds/ajwain
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida/hing
Method for making Chaat Masala:
If the seeds/whole spices are moist, dry roast them in a pan.
Cool and grind them with the other ingredients.
Store in an airtight container.
Chaat masala is tangy in flavor and is used in chaat such as Padpi Chaat, Corn Chaat, Chickpeas/Chana Chaat, and Bhel.
Related Spices Recipes: