1. Regular Indian Flatbread / Chapatti. Read Recipe
2. Layered Indian Bread / Laccha Paratha. Read Recipe
3. Potato Stuffed Flat Bread / Aloo Paratha. Read Recipe
4. Fenugreek Flat Bread / Methi Paratha. Read Recipe
5. Potato Peas Stuffed Bread / Aloo Matar Paratha. Read Recipe
6. Sugar Flat Bread / Meetha Paratha. Read Recipe
You only have to make an ordinary thing different for kids to love it. So it is with bread. Indian moms make meals fun for kids by lending different shapes to the usual Indian bread called chapatti. The regular chapatti is not only big, but is also difficult for kids to break into pieces. The easy solution is to get creative and cut out different shapes after rolling out the dough.
To know how to make a traditional chapatti, see the chapatti recipe.
Use up the entire rolled out dough (a leftover piece can be a half-moon!) to save time in rolling and cooking chapattis!
If you are in the mood for some complex designs, you can carve your kid’s favorite cartoon character!
- To avoid peeled potatoes from becoming brown, keep them drowned in water.
- To preserve cilantro/coriander leaves for 3-days, keep it refrigerated, wrapped in a wet hand towel.
- If you don’t have a ladle or can’t find one, use a sieve to hold or transfer materials (anything except syrups)!
- To store fresh cottage cheese for 2 days, keep it submerged in a bowl of water in the refrigerator.